So I’m not really up on the word of they day or whatever but cowboy saw today’s word is snack.
Earlier in the day I made some sugary walnuts.
I melted 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 cup chopped walnuts over low heat until they became sugary, sweet treats. We only snacked a little because Troy said these would be great in cookies.
So after dinner I went to baking only trouble is there is no baking soda or baking powder in the house. So this is a trial recipe.
- I used:
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1&1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or in tonight’s case a cup of chopped Hershey kisses)
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- So here’s what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and the sugars
- Add the vanilla and the egg, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour in small amounts, mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
Scoop cookies onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-12 minutes, until slightly golden.
Lastly and most importantly find for favorite snacking buddy to share with!!!
They were good….slightly different texture but tasty